same url, multiple logins

Discussion in 'TFS service' started by jspano, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I have a tfs account for work and a tfs account for my home stuff i just registered. they're both on the same URL discount asp.net setup for them. How can i switch between them when working on stuff? would it be easier to just get discount asp.net to move my new one to a different url?
    Thanks!

2. Joseph Jun

Joseph Jun DiscountASP.NET Staff

There isn't a workaround available but as you mentioned, we can migrate one of the two Team Project Collections to a different server.

Please open a support request with the technical support team through the support portal under the account that you'd like to have moved and we'll provide further assistance.

3. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Would adding an alias in the local hostfile work?

4. Ok, i'm not 100 % sure what i did, but i have it working now. I have the one tfs server setup in tfs and i went and cleared my network login's for that server in windows control panel. now it asks me to log in every time. it correctly goes to the server depending on what login i use. i just have to not check the remember me. it's annoying to have to keep typing the login though, so i'll get you guys to migrate the server like Joseph suggested.
    Thanks!

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.