Connect Microsoft Excel to Hosted TFS

Discussion in 'TFS service' started by RNeely, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Hi,
    I am trying to connect Microsoft Excel to my hosted TFS service per this article: http://visualstudiomagazine.com/articles/2011/02/22/tfs-reporting-with-excel-1.aspx.

When adding the Data Connection Wizard I am pretty sure the ServerName url and Log On Credentials are correct. However I get an error that says:
    "Errors in the OLE DB provider. Could not connect to the redirector. Ensure that the SQLBrowser service is running on the 'tfs02.discountasp.net' server.

I really need to connect Excel to my TFS database. Please start the SQLBroswer service on tfs02 for my account or help me otherwise figure out how to query my check-in info with Excel.

Sincerely,
    RNEELY

2. Joseph Jun

Joseph Jun DiscountASP.NET Staff

I'm sorry; SQL Server Reporting Services and Analysis Services are not available on our shared Team Foundation Server 2010/2012 Basic servers so the configuration that you're trying will not work.

We do offer the required services on our managed instances of Team Foundation Server 2010/2012 Full and you can contact our sales team for a quote.