hard coding web.config file -need correction

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by brea245, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Hi, I am trying to fix my web.config file cause it does not work with theWeb admin tool.

2. This is a working section from one of my web.config's here:
    (Just replace the SQL Server info with your own.)

Notice the SMTP Host and the closing characters in the data conn.

3. The SMTP section is in case you are using ASP.NET e-mail capabilities on DASP servers.
    A contact page for example where it relies on that information.

As for the error, are you testing locally with the same files you published?
    Seems like some dependant files are missing.
    Salute,
    Mark

4. Wisemx...OK your code help to connect quick to my SQL Because

on test in web admin tool it is connected.

now I get this message through the web admin tool:

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem:

Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'.

Am I missing a page? 'cause I have an error page that should have fired back.

Did not understand the purpose of STMP port '25' string?

The test STMP works.

<network host="localhost" port="25"/>

message through my login pg:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'.

Source Error:

Code:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

5. To Mark: on the SMTP issue; I'm gonna use the email on the web admin tool but the option

to use capability on the DASP server is probably where I'll have to migrate too and its nice to know.

In response to Bruce's question:If I installed the ASPNET DB tomy DASP SQL server?

In web admin tool under provider says:

Your application is currently configured to use the provider: AspNetSqlProvider

Uh...I thought I didn't need to do anything to my SQL account. Do I need to go through SQL Mgr studio

and pull up some SQL file. Is there a KB for that??

I'm sort of clueless when it comes to digginginto my SQL acct.

Thanks Mark and Bruce for your help...

6. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Did you install the ASPNET DB to your SQL server? It looks like the app can't find the stored proc.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

7. Seems when that error is shown some bits are missing.
    I've suggested in the past a sync between the SQL Servers and it seemed to work...
    ...however that sync is only an option for those who are running the full SQL Server version locally.

Something I have been thinking of providing here is a Paypal system.
    DASP customers could donate a few coins and I'll do the work for them. [​IMG]

8. Mark, this was a very good video amust see for starters.

I could of use this video info when I set up my SQL server2005.

With the video I noticed I didn't even create a backup-now I did.

I think the next phase of your video you can explain to people if they want to go through the

WEB ADMINISTRATION TOOL (WAT) andhow bothWAT and SQL server 2005 works.

I'm still trying to figure outwhy I still have myproblem.

I'll do some more reading in the meantimewould you have any ideawhy I keep getting this error?

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'.

Thanks...

9. Oh...Yes I could use some help! Some sort of payment for per incident/session. We are a501.c3 NPO organization.

As long as the cost is within reason I approve, thats one of the reasons I choose DASPto host in thefirst place.

I'm behind in implementingthe firstphaseof ourwebsite's functionality I should have had thelogin issue resolved

a month ago.

So yea...I'll do what's needed I just need some accurate guidance to resolve ASP.NET2, SQL2005 implementationconnection

issues I don't expecthelp on building databases or websites.

10. Good to know some would find that helpful.
    I'm not greedy, just have absolutely no income for a little over 3 years now.
    Say at home Dad. [​IMG]
    Salute,
    Mark